Genesis 46.1-4 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Jacob and His Family Go to Egypt

46 Jacob packed up everything he owned and left for Egypt. On the way he stopped near the town of Beersheba and offered sacrifices to the God his father Isaac had worshiped. That night, God spoke to him and said, “Jacob! Jacob!”
“Here I am,” Jacob answered.
God said, “I am God, the same God your father worshiped. Don’t be afraid to go to Egypt. I will give you so many descendants that one day they will become a nation. I will go with you to Egypt, and later I will bring your descendants back here. Your son Joseph will be at your side when you die.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exodus 2.23-25 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Exodus 7.3-5 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Exodus 3.10-12 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version