Exodus 6.1-9 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

The Lord God told Moses:
Soon you will see what I will do to the king. Because of my mighty power, he will let my people go, and he will even chase them out of his country.
My name is the Lord.[a] But when I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, I came as God All-Powerful and did not use my name. I made an agreement and promised them the land of Canaan, where they were living as foreigners. Now I have seen how the people of Israel are suffering because of the Egyptians, and I will keep my promise.
Here is my message for Israel: “I am the Lord! And with my mighty power I will punish the Egyptians and free you from slavery. I will accept you as my people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I was the one who rescued you from the Egyptians. I will bring you into the land that I solemnly promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and it will be yours. I am the Lord!”
When Moses told this to the Israelites, they were too discouraged and mistreated to believe him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exodus 2.23-25 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Exodus 7.3-5 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version