Exodus 20.1-6 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

The Ten Commandments

20 God said to the people of Israel:
2 I am the Lord your God, the one who brought you out of Egypt where you were slaves.
3 Do not worship any god except me.
4 Do not make idols that look like anything in the sky or on earth or in the ocean under the earth. 5 Don’t bow down and worship idols. I am the Lord your God, and I demand all your love. If you reject me, I will punish your families for three or four generations. 6 But if you love me and obey my laws, I will be kind to your families for thousands of generations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exodus 1.9-11 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Genesis 1.24-31 - The Promise Study Edition Contemporary English Version

Exodus 25.10-22 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version