Exodus 15.22-27 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Bitter Water at Marah

22 After the Israelites left the Red Sea,[c] Moses led them through the Shur Desert for three days, before finding water. 23 They did find water at Marah, but it was bitter, which is how that place got its name.[d] 24 The people complained and said, “Moses, what are we going to drink?”
25 Moses asked the Lord for help, and the Lord told him to throw a piece of wood into the water. Moses did so, and the water became fit to drink.
At Marah the Lord tested his people and also gave them some laws and teachings. 26 Then he said, “I am the Lord your God, and I cure your diseases. If you obey me by doing right and by following my laws and teachings, I won’t punish you with the diseases I sent on the Egyptians.”
27 Later the Israelites came to Elim, where there were twelve springs and seventy palm trees. So they camped there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exodus 2.23-25 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version

Exodus 7.3-5 | The Promise Study Edition | Contemporary English Version